Home / Articles / Windows / SSL certificate errors/mismatch in outlook 2007

SSL certificate errors/mismatch in outlook 2007

SSL certificate errors/mismatch in outlook 2007.  Backend is SBS Small Business Server 2008 running exchange 2007.  SSL certificate mismatch/errors often happen after setting up a trusted SSL certificate.

Most of your commands will be in the Exchange Management Shell so open that up.  First command you will need to run is:

Get-WebServicesVirtualDirectory | Select name, *url* |fl

Which will output something like this:

Name                 : EWS (SBS Web Applications)

InternalNLBBypassUrl : https://site.domain.local/EWS/Exchange.asmx

InternalUrl          : https://mail.site.com/ews/exchange.asmx

ExternalUrl          : https://external.site.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx

In my case I registered mail.site.com and the mismatch was with external.site.com.  above is my final product as only InternalUrl needed to be changed.  I didn’t mess around with ExternalUrl as the issue is fixed now. One you run the above command you will need to take note of everything after Name (EWS (SBS Web Applications)).

You will then need to run some commands.  Please reference the following Microsoft article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940726/en-us

CAS_Server_Name = your registered url or internal server name, I didn’t find that it mattered.

Note that the KB article is intended for regular exchange and not SBS 2008 so my commands have some modifications.  In a nutshell we need to substitute Default Web Site with SBS Web Applications.

below are the commands that I used based on this article:

Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity site.domain.local -AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri https://mail.contoso.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml

Set-WebServicesVirtualDirectory -Identity “EWS (SBS Web Applications)” -InternalUrl https://mail.site.com/ews/exchange.asmx

Set-OABVirtualDirectory -Identity “oab (SBS Web Applications)” -InternalUrl https://mail.site.com/oab

Set-UMVirtualDirectory -Identity “unifiedmessaging (SBS Web Applications)” -InternalUrl https://mail.site.com/unifiedmessaging/service.asmx

Once you run the above commands you can continue on step 6 of the referenced MS KB article.

After I completed this I noticed that a send and receive did not complete successfully.  I got to about 97% and received the following error:

task microsoft exchange reported error (0x8004010f) the operation failed. an object cannot be found

to fix this error you need to make sure you are managing a forward zone for your domain, in this case site.com.  for my internal users I needed mail.site.com to resolve to the internal IP address of my server.  I noticed the internal IP wasn’t set so I changed this value.  Once that was completed everything worked like a charm.

Hope this helps, please comment if you need anything else.

Share


Comment on SSL certificate errors/mismatch in outlook 2007

Leave a Reply






Contact Us