IT Managed Services (Denver) Firms Invite You To Get On Board With The Consumerization Of IT
Why has the consumerization of IT taken hold? Simple – employees need their personal devices. They use them to complete tasks faster and more efficiently than the company’s technology allows. Experts at Denver IT Services firms can tell you that employees in all sectors consistently voiced higher levels of job satisfaction when their company adopted some type of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy.
BYOD – IT Managed Services (Denver) Break It Down
- Employees work in-office, at home and in the commute to and from work. They respond to company issues in a more timely fashion and are more willing to take work outside of the office to ensure deadlines are met.
- IT Managed Services, Denver based experts advise that it improves the company’s image as “flexible” and “forward thinking”. As a result, the company can draw in the best applicant for vacancies and staff retention is higher.
- Employees’ productivity is boosted because they work faster on devices they are more familiar with. They are also able to work harder and better in settings they find more comfortable and more conducive to work.
- Employees produce less fragmented work since it’s all done on one device whether they are in-office or not.
- You spend less on IT devices by allowing employees to work on their own devices. You in effect transfer upkeep and operating cost to the employees.
- The employee has to be trusted not to sell or lose the device with sensitive data still on it.
- Employees may not be pleased with the fact that they are being made to carry some of the company’s IT costs.
- Monitoring information on the device becomes an issue, as it is also used for the employee’s personal affairs.
- As the devices are used anywhere and everywhere, they and the company’s systems become more susceptible to cyber-attacks. That means having to budget for safeguarding against data leaks and viruses. That puts a strain on company expenses and on the IT department’s functions. Trusting an IT Managed Services Denver based firm to secure devices is one way to get around this issue
- Support and management of devices becomes a challenge for the IT staff – think of one employee working on two or three devices. Also an issue, are the various types of devices that may be used among employees with varying levels of operational capacity.
So, what’s the verdict? According to the professionals at IT Managed Services, Denver based firms, BYOD is here to stay – even if modified to a “choose your own device” (CYOD) option instead. Embrace it and consider outsourcing the related IT management to a competent partner.